July 25, 2012

Cues

So I apologize (yet again) for being a total slacker on the blog... life has been busy as of late and most of you know that at this moment my NYC fam is in NC for a visit.  So I'm getting a blog post in where I can...

So what we learned from our latest LoseNowNC meeting was that in order for diet (the food you eat/dont eat to lose weight) and exercise success to work, you have to remove the cues that keep you from eating healthy and exercising.  For example... at my house, because of my nephews, we sometimes keep chips and such in the house - but we keep them in the closet so that my hubby and I don't see them.  We keep fruit on the counter top.  In our fridge, we keep cut fruits and veggies right at eye level - so that we are not tempted to open the freezer and pull out the ice cream. 

I know for exercise its a little different... if you're part of the Z-fam, then you've got no worries - except on your off days.  I definately suggest having a backup plan for days you do not Zumba with us.  Maybe do some kind of cardio workout (walking, jogging, biking) for your off days... or you could check out another Zumba class.  There are plenty in the Concord/Kannapolis/Landis/China Grove area at local churches that have relatively cheap classes.  If you already have a pretty good workout schedule, then try to bump it up and add another day or add some resistance training.  You can also spice it up by trying out a new workout class. 

I know it is so hard to keep fighting the weight loss/healthy living fight... but it is something that I think everyone can do.  Unless you have health conditions, then a lot of this journey is mental.  As I've said in previous posts, find your motivation and let it lead your way! You will get there and your Z-Fam is here for you!!

Til next time!
>M<

No comments:

Post a Comment